Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I enjoyed the company of Greatness

Dear Southwest Ranches Friends and Neighbors:

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and if I don’t see you later…well then…Good Night!

I received the attached yesterday at about 8:45 PM only after reading the same subject in the Sentinel at: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/southwest-ranches/sfl-nikki-obit-101909,0,3793287.story

That’s All Folks!!!

Wanch Waggler





I ask that Wanch Waggler publish this advisory to all of his/her email list.

I have been accused of being Wanch Waggler for many years, but in all honesty I am not him/her; however I am a person who has had the good fortune of being in the presence of greatness. I think Wanch Waggler is great. Wanch Waggler has been such a positive spokesperson for the “Break the Chain” campaign which led our town to pass a law called “Nikki’s Law” which was passed to help end the cruelty of a common form of animal abuse called tethering / chaining, that I feel compelled to make this advisory.

Today, October 18th, 2009 at 4:50PM EST, Nikki the sleek black and tan Doberman who became internationally famous due to her participation as the first ever Poster Dog for the Humane Society of Broward County’s educational campaign known as “Break the Chain” died.

In the embrace of her owner’s, Nikki bade farewell to this confusion we humans call life. Her Illness was brief, her death was peaceful, and her legacy will be long lasting.

I must say that like Ivory Soap, her message of hope for K-9’s condemned to life at the end of a chain was 99.9% positively effective. For one or two politicians (and their dark side followers) who used her notoriety as a weapon against her owner; may Karma decide their fate. Nikki, “a dog” achieved greatness that is now and will forever be fleeting to these few “wanna be” politicians.

My name is Tony Vincent. I have served my employer with Pride in Service with Integrity for over a decade. My dog “Nikki” served as well. We were both “discarded” like a snotty ball of Kleenex because a desperate (disgraced) former politician thought that he was something special. This dog had more pride in service with integrity than those who chose to end her educational function as a wonderful educational K-9.

Nikki was laid to rest this evening at sundown. May her message of hope for dogs condemned to live their lives at the end of a chain live on.

No comments: